Charter of Duties for Senior Planners of UDD
Following is the key charter of duties for the Senior Planners/Geographers of UDD.
Senior Planners (Thana Centre Planning)
1. To be the in charge of existing/new urban centre planning at district, subdivision and thana levels.
2. To prepare the draft plans, reports etc. on master plans/land use plan, for district, subdivision and thana centres under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (PP).
3. To represent in all the district committees constituted by the Government wherever urban Planning and land use are involved.
Senior Planners (Town/Urban Planning)
1. To prepare under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (PP); detailed plans including site plans and layout plans under Town Planning projects.
Senior Planner (Regional Planning)
1. To prepare draft plan and report on regional planning.
2. To assist the Deputy Director (R&C) for development for planning methodology and design standards.
3. To work with the internationally aided physical planning and human settlement programmes of the Directorate under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (R&C).
Senior Planner: (Co-ordination, Training and Planning Cell)
1. To be the designated Officer in-charge of the planning cell of the Directorate.
2. To review and monitor the progress of all activities of the Directorate.
3. To organise in-service training/seminars/workshops and to disseminate information through regular publications of research and planning materials on urbanization and human settlement planning and development under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (R&C).
4. To prepare working paper, documents, maps and charts etc. for presentation to the National Council under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (R&C),
Senior Geographer (Research)
1. To conduct research on urbanization, land-use and land development.
2. To be the designated Officer in-charge of data management of the Directorate.
3. To be the overall in-charge of the Directorate Library and the custodian of restricted maps and photographs.
4. To conduct socio-economic surveys as and when needed.